Instant pot ribs

I finally got to make ribs in the Instant Pot. There are a few recipes out there but I used this one. I didn't have time for a rub so I just put salt. I used the vinegar and liquid smoke in the steaming liquid but I couldn't taste it. This cooked for 25 minutes under pressure with 10 minutes natural pressure release. I then brushed with barbecue sauce and broiled for 3 minutes per side. 

Some of the ribs came out a little dry like in the boiling method I posted about before. I think this is more to do with the cut of meat. These are labeled as pork ribs as opposed to baby back ribs.

I've done these sous vide at low temp before too (140ish) and they came out too weird. Medium rare isn't how we usually like to eat ribs. Maybe next time sous vide to 140ish for 12 hours then up to 165 or so to make them fork tender...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter chicken

Kheema nariyal saag