Butter Chicken


Butter chicken is an Indian dish that was featured in an article from the New Yorker. We got the actual cookbook on our Kindle Unlimited subscription and made it. It came out great even if I didn't have cilantro. I omitted the last extra tsp of cayenne since I thought it might be too much for my daughter. I also used bone in skin on thighs (5 thighs) since we didn't have boneless skinless. I cut up the meat and put it in the bowl and ate the bones clean on my plate.

Our kids ate it all up. There were even a couple of cups of sauce leftover for who knows what. The author suggests putting it on something but leaves that to our imagination. Putting it on... Rice? An omelet? Spaghetti?

The chicken in the recipe was really only enough for one meal for the 4 of us with barely enough for leftovers for one person's lunch. I think you could easily double the chicken to 2 lb and have enough sauce except some of the chicken would stick out of the cooking broth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter chicken

Kheema nariyal saag