Pulled pork, cole slaw, potatoes, and cheesy corn

Tonight's dinner was pulled pork with the leftover country style pork ribs from yesterday's lau lau. I based it off of this recipe and the America's Test Kitchen pressure cooker cookbook. I coated the pork with some unidentified leftover spice rub then let it sit for 15 minutes. I browned the pork in the instant pot, then poured over it 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce. On went the lid for 45 minutes of pressure cooking with quick release at the end. I took out the pork and reduced the sauce on saute. A little sauce went back onto the pork and it was ready!

As a side I planned to make cole slaw. I didn't realize that the cole slaw mix from the store doesn't come with the dressing. Oh well, it was easy to make. I used this recipe. It was just right (although I didn't have celery seeds).

The other side dish was red potatoes. These were some big potatoes so I halved or quartered them and put them into the Instant Pot with the rest of the can of chicken broth. I put them for 13 minutes and they came out perfect. They went great with the creamy cole slaw and the smoky pork sauces!

Oh, I forgot there was one other side dish, cheesy corn. This one is based off of the cheesy corn that you can get at Korean barbecue. It's a really ghetto recipe. One can corn, cover with cheese, microwave for 1.5 minutes. That's it, but the kids and the wive love it!

I keep forgetting to take photos but these were all keepers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter chicken

Kheema nariyal saag