Shrimp coconut curry

Since we were home for lunch and I didn't want to eat leftovers, I thought I'd throw together this shrimp curry dish I found in the Indian Instant Pot book. The recipe is called Jhinga Nariyal Wala, shrimp coconut curry. 

I couldn't believe that it said only 3 minutes with quick release. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out. The shrimp were still very raw after only 3 minutes. It could be that it called for 26-30 count and I bought 16-20 or something like that, but the cooking liquid wasn't that hot either. 

I dumped the bowl into a pot and simmered it for a few minutes on the stove until it was done. The flavor was excellent, perhaps a little salty. Next time I'll just make this on the stove since 3 minutes Instant Pot doesn't seem to save any time or dirty dishes over a stovetop.

Note to self--next time a dish is meant to be cooked in a bowl inside the Instant Pot, I need some kind of sling to get it out easily. Something like this or this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter chicken

Kheema nariyal saag