Cranberry scones

The Old Wailuku Inn is a wonderful bed and breakfast on Maui, and I had an amazingly light and tasty scone with breakfast when I stayed there this week. I decided I would try to make some at home. My go to baking book is Alton Brown's I'm Just Here for More Food. I used his dried cherry recipe (substituting craisins). The dough was too wet to fold and cut into wedges so I just ended up plopping lumps on the parchment and prodding them roughly into a scone shape. They went into a 375 convection oven to bake x 23 minutes. 

The scones ended up rising a little, and the frozen butter evened out the little imperfections from this technique. They tasted great. Buttery with a little crunch on the outside. Total time is probably about an hour or so from start to finish including all the time rubbing the frozen butter into the flour...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter chicken

Kheema nariyal saag